Go on a Virtual School Tour or watch an Animal Webcam
Dublin Zoo Webcam https://www.dublinzoo.ie/animals/animal-webcams/
National Geographics Kids
Lots to explore on the website – science experiments, animal videos, interesting places, fun games and more!
Pick any topic you like – a famous person, a historical event, animals, habitats, a country… You could create it in English, Irish or a mix of both.
Here are some ways you can produce it…
- Write it! Make your project on paper
- Type it! Using Google Docs, make your project adding text, images and maybe video
- Build it! Using whatever materials you want, build and make your project
- Present it! Make a Google Slideshow about your project
- Make a Book! Use Book Creator on an iPad or Chromebook to make a book about your project
- Video it! Grab a phone and hit record
- Your way! Present your project in whatever way you want – whether it’s a virtual tour or even a podcast, do what you like!
- Make a Time Capsule and bury it or ask an adult to put it in the attic. Pádraig and Íde’s dad sent us this great template.
- Draw your Family Tree. You can do this digitally or by hand and you can go back as far as you want!
- Interview a grandparent or older neighbour over the phone. Ask them about their childhood and life. Remember to write down their answers after.
Science Kids experiments http://www.sciencekids.co.nz/experiments.html
Twinkl have many slideshows and activities based on Geography, Science and History. www.twinkl.co.uk free code: IRLTWINKLHELPS